Transportation, Distribution & Logistics
Would you like to fly planes, drive trucks or pilot ships?
Are you organized and efficient?
Do you have quick reflexes?
Are you good at solving problems?
If so, you may enjoy a career in transportation, distribution, and logistics! The Transportation, Distribution, and Logistics program of study focuses on careers in the movement of people, materials, and goods by road, pipeline, air, rail, and water. HISD programs include: Automotive and Diesel Technology, Logistics and Global Supply, Maritime Studies, Aviation Technology, Heavy Equipment Repair, Piloting and Deck Operations, Maritime Systems Engineering.
High Schools Offering Transportation, Distribution & Logistics pathways
- Austin High School
- Barbara Jordan High School
- Heights High School
- Houston MTSC
- Madison High School
- North Forest High School
- Sterling High School
- Waltrip High School
- Westbury High School
- Wheatley High School
- Yates High School
Fastest Growing Career Opportunities
- Merchant Mariner
- Auto/Diesel Technician
- Airline Pilot
- ASE- Brakes, Electronic/Electrical Systems, Heating and A/C, Engine Repair
- Certified Logistics Associate (CLA)
- FAA Airframe & Powerplant Technician
High Paying Careers
- Mechanical Engineer $90,000
- Logistics Coordinator $85,000
- Transportation Analyst $70,000