S.T.E.M. (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)
Do you like to solve interesting and challenging problems?
Do you like to be creative and work on projects that make a difference?
Do you want to improve the future?
If so, a STEM career may be right for you. The Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics program of study focuses on providing scientific research and professional services. Careers in STEM link scientific discoveries to the needs of society and consumers. HISD programs include: Engineering, Robotics, Electronics, Petroleum Engineering, Renewable Energy, Natural Resource Science, and Marine Engineering Technology.
High Schools Offering Science, Technology, Engineering & Math pathways
- Austin High School
- Chavez High School
- Booker T. Washington High School
- Eastwood Academy
- Energy Institute High School
- Furr High School
- Heights High School
- Houston MTSC
- Kashmere High School
- Lamar High School
- Madison High School
- Mickey Leland College Prep Academy
- Milby High School
- South Early College High School
- Waltrip High School
- Westbury High School
- Westside High School
- Young Women’s College Prep Academy
- Geological Technician
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
- Autodesk Certified User
- Certified SOLIDWORKS Associate (CSWA)
- Aerospace Engineer $110,000
- Petroleum Engineer $140,000
- Nuclear Engineer $90,000